Friday, August 10, 2007

Men No Pause - Father at age 90 !!!

My first hint came from watching an MTV Cribs featuring Hugh Hefner, where they guy aged 70+ years has a kid who is in his teens. So came the thought in my brain - What age until when a man is still fertile ??

I asked a Dr who told me there is age is no factor for men's fertility, only age. Well, here is a scoop I found in this thought process..

Today's newspaper talks about Nanu Ram Jogi, a 90 year old Indian whose wife bore him a baby!! And this child is indeed, his own!!

Jogi married his own daughter in law when his son died, leaving a young widow. In rural India, a young widow finds herself on the edge of being socially ostracized, and Jogi didn't want her to suffer. This act has led to him fathering a child with a girl 60 years younger to him.

Not commenting on the state of affairs in rural India pertaining to social laws, I keep myself to only happily wondering at the age of men's fertility. Hmmm.. and at 28, people are telling me I should get married and have kids asap, or it'll be too late. Is it, really, is it? :)

No comments: